The BAIO A is the multi-effect pedal with built-in IR for acoustic guitar, classical guitar and acoustic bass from Eko Guitars. It features 8 IRs of microphoned acoustic instruments, full tone controls, compressor, antifeedback, chorus, tremolo, reverb, delay, built-in tuner with mute function, instrument input and jack output, stereo output for headphones, bluetooth connection and dedicated usb ports for use as an audio interface for both PC/Mac and smartphones. The ideal pedal with which you will have your sounds with you at all times.
BAIO A multieffect pedal for acoustic guitar by Eko Guitars Overview
At 16cm long, just 6cm wide and 260g in weight, BAIO is the all-in-one multi-effect system that offers all the features and functionality essential to the modern guitarist and bassist. Easy to carry and super durable thanks to its metal chassis, it allows total management of your sound.
For the preamp section you have a three-band eq, compression and antifeedback. The modulation section, accessible via the Mod control, allows you to add chorus and tremolo; delay and reverb can be activated from the dedicated knob, delay time and reverb amount adjustable from the Time knob. The IR control allows you to select from eight Impulse Responses created especially for BAIO by Massimo Varini, who has chosen and adapted some of the best DrapSound-branded IRs. With the Out control you manage the output volume, and via the three footswitches you can switch from Preset mode for changing them, to Live mode that will allow you to manage IR, Delay/Rev, Chorus/Tremolo and preamp section separately. Also with the footswitches, you can operate Bluetooth which will allow you to play your favorite backing tracks via an external device or activate the built-in tuner, with which you can also completely mute the output signal.
BAIO A multieffect pedal for acoustic guitar by Eko Guitars Connections
The rear panel features two standard jack terminals for input and output, power switch, USB socket for pedal power and battery charging, and computer connection for use as a sound card. With the Phone jack, you can use the special cable to connect your Smartphone and use BAIO as an audio interface on your phone as well. There is also a headphone output that will allow you to simultaneously listen to the instrument signal and possible Bluetooth playback.
BAIO A multieffect pedal for acoustic guitar by Eko Guitars Bullet Points
- 8 IR (Impulse Response) of microphoned acoustic instruments, made by DrapSound (a top-rated Italian company for IR and profiling) chosen and adapted to BAIO by Massimo Varini;
- Full tone controls;
- A sound dynamics control (compressor);
- Antifeedback control;
- 2 modulation effects (Chorus and Tremolo);
- 2 ambient effects:Reverb and Delay adjustable in quantity and length;
- Live or Preset function (3 presets can be stored);
- Built-in tuner with mute function.
BAIO A multieffect pedal for acoustic guitar by Eko Guitars Additional Functions
- Runs on rechargeable batteries (built-in-lasts about 6 hours of continuous use) that are simply recharged via USB, and the pedal can operate while charging;
- It works as an audio interface when connected via USB to a computer;
- When connected to a smartphone, it works as an audio interface (the output of BAIO, with the provided cable, is an analog output on mini jack and compatibility with different models and operating systems of smartphones or tablets depends on the devices themselves, BAIO does not involve using special arrangements, it is a very normal analog output);
- Bluetooth function (input) to be able to play backing tracks from any BT-equipped device; what comes in from the BT is routed to the audio outputs and mixes from the volume of the device by adjusting it according to the output volume of BAIO.
BAIO A multieffect pedal for acoustic guitar by Eko Guitars Specifications
Input: standard 1/4" TS mono jack
Output: standard 1/4" TS mono jack
Sample Rate: 48K/24bit
Dimensions: 162mm (D) x 61mm (W) x 23mm (H)
Items included: user manual, charging/usb connection cable, smartphone connection cable